Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy and Autism Services serves children with special needs nationwide on a daily basis. While devising individualized Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy programs for these children many toys are used to aid in these programs. There are many toys out there that benefit children with Autism, but these are great ones that have been highly rated and proven to help children on the autistic spectrum. Please feel free to add more toy suggestions in the comments section below and to share this article on your favorite social networks as well. We hope you enjoy this list.
- Tangle Therapy by Tangle
Tangle Creations Tangle Therapy: This twistable therapy device is a new ergonomic approach to stress relief, as well as a manipulative for hand therapy. The Tangle Therapy is more than your classic Tangle toy. Larger than the original tangles, this is a twisty and fun way to get hand, joint and muscle therapy and stress relief all in one. It's even recommended as a stop smoking aid. Instead of doodling or fidgeting, use the Tangle Therapy while you talk on the phone or listen to a conference call and strengthen your hand muscles. Buy several and connect them to make a long wild Tangle snake. Touch it, twist it, turn it, and get hand and mind wellness. Relax and twist by using the powers of the mind. This Tangle is covered with soft, flexible, (latex free) rubberized material. It is comprised of a system of rotating interconnecting links that can be twisted, turned, bent, coiled and shaped into an endless amount of shapes. Tangle Therapy relieves minor stress, improves range of hand motion, restores motion of joints, strengthens finger muscles, and rehabilitates hand muscles and joints. Tangle Therapy fits in your hand for single handed manipulation. Complete instructions are included.
- Sensory Stixx
The all new Sensory Stixx product is from the makers of Chew Stixx and the hugely popular Tactile Tiger Hand Brush and Arm Band. This fidget offers its user a hand sized instant sensory stimulation and draws little attention to itself in order to avoid anxiety from other onlookers. Easily fits in pocket, purse, or book bag and is dishwasher safe. Unit measures 4.75 inches long and is suitable for ages 3 to adult. Extremely popular in therapy clinics because it can be used as not only a fidget, but a tactile or sensory brush. The Sensory Stixx tactile roll is certain to become your sensory seeking childs best friend for years. Colors ship at random, packages sold separately.
- Lets Talk Book for Babies and Toddlers
Look at the picture. Locate the matching button on the sound bar. Then, press the button to hear the word. That's it! There are no other sound effects or music to distract youngsters from learning the simple, clearly spoken words. Reinforce finger-pointing skills by having the child use one isolated finger to activate. For those unable to isolate individual fingers, encourage them to use several fingers or a whole hand movement.
- Soothing Rain Tube
A soothing rain tube auditory treat that both kids & adults will enjoy! Turn this sturdy 12 inch tube over and watch a cascade of silver beads fall as you listen to the soothing sound of rain.
- Quercetti Georello Kaleido GearsWith 60 years of experience creating educational toys, Quercetti has contributed to generations of children engaging in beneficial play that encourages creativity and stimulates intuitive reasoning. The Georello Kaleido Gears is a perfect beginning gear set. This 52 piece set has interlocking plates and decorated meshing gears. The gears come in 3 sizes. The plastic is not brittle, and is easy to handle. The board is not a set pattern, and can be build in various shapes. See how many ways you can make the gears spin. Also includes handle for making the gears turn. Made in Italy. For ages 3+.
- Bop It
Can you keep up with the Hasbro Bop It! Reaction Game? When you turn it on, the Bop It! calls out commands that come faster and faster as the game goes on, and the better you get, the more skill levels you unlock. When you hear a command, you need to bop it, pull it or twist it to stay in the game. For even more of a challenge, activate the optional microphone to shout it, too, and try to keep up as the tempo increases. You can play solo to build your Bop It! skills and try to break your personal record, but once your friends and family see how much fun you’re having, they will want to join in. Engage in a game of Party Bop, in which you’ll all have to use your knees, elbows and hips to win.
- Smart Tablet
The Fisher-Price Smart Tablet introduces a new way to bring learning to life for 3-6 year olds. Touch any of the six different game modes to experience a wide range of learning curriculum. It also includes a color changing screen that enhances game play.
The Fisher-Price Smart Tablet features:
- Letter Mode: Use the keyboard to learn letters and first words, then play and listen for phonic sounds in Phonics mode.
- Bilingual Number Mode: Teaches counting 1-10 in both English and Spanish.
- Music Mode: Encourages children's creativity, while Game mode provides even more fun!
- Typing Mode: Gives children a free-play experience to type their own messages using the qwerty keyboard just like mom and dad.
- The tablet's LCD changes between green, red and blue backlit screens adding to the excitement of learning. The screen color changes automatically during play and the child can also change to their favorite at any time.
- The kick stand on the back of the tablet makes it easy for kids to use.
- Uses 4 AA batteries, included.
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench
The pegs on the bench go up and down, playing peek-a-boo on this solid wood pounding activity. Non-removable pegs take turns showded.
- Fidget Set
Guaranteed to keep kids hands busy. This ultimate fidget set is a selection of our best selling fidgets with a variety of textures and features Tangle Therapy, Velvet Slime Sea Anemone, Super Spaghetti Ball, Inside Out Ball, Squigglets Sensory Bracelet, Moody Face, Stretchy Frogs, Tactile Atom Ball, Porcupine Ball, Bendy Man and the Super Sticky Starfish.
Have a question? Want to suggest more? Leave a comment at the bottom of this blog or email