Behavior Therapist - MD
|Posted:||May 15, 2017|
Achieve Beyond provides pediatric therapy and educational services to children, students and families throughout the United States including the greater Los Angeles, California (CA) area, Virginia (VA) / Maryland (MD) / DC area, the greater Dallas, Texas (TX) area and the entire New York (NY) metropolitan area. We offer coordination in initial evaluations, as well as follow-up sessions and provide services in the predominant language of the patients in both home and community settings.
Achieve Beyond is a leading national Healthcare agency focused on serving children and families with special needs and developmental delays. We are currently seeking to train potential registered behavioral therapists (RBTs) for Maryland. Upon successful completion of the training period, RBTs provide direct individualized home-based/community Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to children on the autism spectrum. Behavioral therapists will follow the treatment plan developed by the supervising Board Certified Behavior Analyst. Upon successful completion of the training period, you may seek a position as a Behavioral Therapist/Autism Paraprofessional. This position will entail working directly with children providing instruction following the methodology of applied behavior analysis.
We are always seeking dedicated clinicians to join our growing team! Our jobs are rewarding and we truly believe that each clinician makes a difference. Please view our current job opportunities and apply here!
Positions Available in Maryland
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED PRIOR TO TRAINING:
- At least 6 months of supervised experience working with children ages 2-21.
- 1:1 ABA EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience implementing home based and community ABA programs preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIRED PRIOR TO TRAINING:
- Successful completion of or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in psychology, healthcare, human services, education or other related fields.
- Potential Behavioral Therapists/Autism Paraprofessionals are required to complete a 40 hour unpaid training period.
- The training consists of 20 hours in a classroom setting and 20 hours to be completed online at your leisure.
- Upon completion of the unpaid 40 hours of trainings, all potential Behavioral Therapists / Autism Paraprofessionals must take and pass a competency exam.
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE FOR MONTGOMERY COUNTY AREAS
Title: Behavioral Therapist/Autism Paraprofessional
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE TRAINING PERIOD, THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Attend ABA training sessions prior to starting on a case.
- Provide direct ABA instruction according to the educational plan outlined by the BCBA.
- Collect daily data.
- Participate in collaborative team meetings.
- Organize and update the child’s educational program book weekly.
- Debrief family members at the end of each session.
- Offer suggestions of incorporating individualized goals into family’s daily routine.
- Provide parents and teachers with resources.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding children and families (in accordance with State & Federal regulations).
- Attend workshops and conferences (10 hours yearly).
- Aid in play or social skill group implementation.
- Be physically able to perform duties of the position and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional attitude, demeanor, & clothing.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and exercise patience/professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
Upon successful completion of the training, Achieve Beyond will consider you for employment. Compensation depends on experience and education level and will be discussed during the interview process. The time spent during the training period is unpaid and you will receive no employee benefits. Accordingly, you will not be considered an employee for minimum wage purposes.
Click Below To Apply
- Back to the main careers page