Behavior Therapist - Albany, NY
|Posted:||May 16, 2017|
We are seeking a dedicated Behavior Therapist to join our Albany team. As a BT in Albany, you can work a flexible schedule and make a real difference in a child's life! View this exciting job and come join our team!
Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy and Autism Services believes that early intervention and preschool/school-aged services make a difference. Achieve Beyond provides pediatric therapy services to children and students ages 0-21, aiding each child to reach their full potential through education, therapy, and family support services in over 30 different languages. Our RBTs provide direct individualized home-based/community Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to children on the autism spectrum. The Registered Behavior Technician will follow the treatment plan developed by the supervising Board Certified Behavior Analyst. This position will entail working directly with children providing instruction following the methodology of applied behavior analysis.
We are always seeking dedicated clinicians to join our growing team! Our jobs are rewarding and we truly believe that each clinician makes a difference. Please view our current job opportunities and apply here!
Experience Required Prior to Training:
- Must have experience working with children with special needs in order to be considered for this position
- Experience implementing home based and community ABA programs preferred.
Education Required Prior to Training:
- Successful completion of or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in psychology, early childhood development, early childhood education, speech language pathology, special or elementary education
- Potential Behavioral Therapists/Autism Paraprofessionals are required to complete a 40 hour unpaid training period.
- The training consists of 20 hours in a classroom setting and 20 hours to be completed online at your leisure.
- Upon completion of the unpaid 40 hours of training, all potential Behavioral Therapists / Autism Paraprofessionals must take and pass a competency exam.
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK CITY, LONG ISLAND AND HUDSON VALLEY
Upon SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE TRAINING PERIOD, THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Attend ABA training sessions prior to starting on a case.
- Provide direct ABA instruction according to the educational plan outlined by the BCBA.
- Collect daily data.
- Participate in collaborative team meetings
- Organize and update the child’s educational program book weekly.
- Debrief family members at the end of each session.
- Offer suggestions of incorporating individualized goals into family’s daily routine.
- Provide parents and teachers with resources.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding children and families (in accordance with State & Federal regulations).
- Attend workshops and conferences (10 hours yearly).
- Aid in play or social skill group implementation.
- Be physically able to perform duties of the position and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional attitude, demeanor, & clothing.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and exercise patience/professionalism. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
Upon successful completion of the training, Achieve Beyond will consider you for employment. Compensation depends on experience and education level and will be discussed during the interview process. The time spent during the training period is unpaid and you will receive no employee benefits. Accordingly, you will not be considered an employee for minimum wage purposes.
Click Below To Apply
- Back to the main careers page