Physical Therapist - Long Island
|Posted:||May 1, 2017|
|Location:||Long Island, New York
(Nassau & Suffolk County)
We are seeking a dedicated Physical Therapist to join our Long Island team. As a PT in Long Island, you can work in your county of choice as we have positions available in Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Come join our team!
Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy and Autism Services believes that early intervention and preschool/school-aged services make a difference. Achieve Beyond provides pediatric therapy services to children and students ages 0-21, aiding each child to reach their full potential through education, therapy, and family support services in over 30 different languages. Achieve Beyond provides services throughout New York including all the 5 boroughs of New York City, Long Island, and the Hudson Valley Region. We also provide services throughout the United States in many other locations such as CA, VA, NJ, and TX. We offer initial screenings, parent or school consultations and comprehensive evaluations. Our professional and licensed staff is committed to serving special needs children with physical and developmental disabilities/delays. Services are provided in home, clinic, or community environments.
We are always seeking dedicated clinicians to join our growing team! Our jobs are rewarding and we truly believe that each clinician makes a difference. Please view our current job opportunities and apply here!
Positions available throughout the Long Island, New York.
- Work involves developmental screening/assessment, physical therapy services and consultation with family members and other professionals working with the family
- Educate family members and caregivers on different intervention strategies to facilitate active involvement and carry-over at community settings
- Work is performed in such diverse settings as clinic, client homes, family day care homes, day care centers, or other community settings
- Follow Individualized Service Plan, plan ongoing treatment, and interprets goals and treatment plan to parents and makes recommendations for further developmental assessments as needed
- Participate in monthly agency staff meeting
- Prepares progress reports at six month intervals and annual reviews
- Maintains client records and submit them to agency within established deadlines
- Other duties assigned by immediate supervisor within scope of work
EDUCATION:Master or Doctor Degree in Physical Therapy
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:1-2 years of experience working with children birth – 5 is preferred but open to train new graduates Be able to work with some degree of independence within established policies, procedures, and professional guidelines.
- Must possess New York State license to practice Physical Therapy
- Compensation depends on experience and will be discussed during the interview process
“Achieve Beyond makes the best efforts to solicit active participation by Certified Minority or Women owned Business Enterprises (Certified M/WBEs) for the purpose of granting subcontracts. We are always interested in receiving resumes from Certified M/WBEs.”
Click Below To Apply
- Back to the main careers page