|Posted:||Sept 1, 2015|
|Location:||Long Island, New York
(Nassau & Suffolk County)
We are a leading national Healthcare agency focused on serving children and families with special needs and developmental delays. We are currently seeking Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) for New York City, Long Island and Hudson Valley to provide direct individualized home-based/community Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to children on the autism spectrum. The Registered Behavior Technician will follow the treatment plan developed by the supervising Board Certified Behavior Analyst. This position will entail working directly with children providing instruction following the methodology of applied behavior analysis.
Positions available throughout the Long Island, New York.
- Attend ABA training sessions prior to starting on a case.
- Provide direct ABA instruction according to the educational plan outlined by the BCBA.
- Collect daily data.
- Participate in collaborative team meetings.
- Organize and update the child’s educational program book weekly.
- Debrief family members at the end of each session.
- Offer suggestions of incorporating individualized goals into family’s daily routine.
- Provide parents and teachers with resources.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding children and families (in accordance with State & Federal regulations)
- Attend workshops and conferences (10 hours yearly)
- Aid in play or social skill group implementation.
- Be physically able to perform duties of the position and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional attitude, demeanor, & clothing.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and exercise patience/professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- AT least 6 months of supervised experience working with children ages 2-21
- Experience implementing home based and community ABA programs preferred.
- EDUCATION: Currently enrolled in undergraduate program in psychology, healthcare, human services, education or other related fields
- Compensation depends on experience and will be discussed during the interview process.
“Achieve Beyond makes the best efforts to solicit active participation by Certified Minority or Women owned Business Enterprises (Certified M/WBEs) for the purpose of granting subcontracts. We are always interested in receiving resumes from Certified M/WBEs.”
Click Below To Apply