|Posted:||August 17, 2016|
|Location:||Fairfax / Woodbridge Virginia|
|Position Type:||Part Time|
Achieve Beyond provides pediatric therapy and educational services to children, students and families throughout the United States including the greater Los Angeles, California (CA) area, Virginia (VA) / Maryland (MD) / DC area, the greater Dallas, Texas (TX) area, Long Island / NYC / Hudson Valley, New York (NY) region, and the state of New Jersey (NJ). We offer coordination in initial evaluations, as well as follow-up sessions and provide services in the predominant language of the patients in both home and community settings. We have part-time as well as full-time positions available.
Positions available throughout Virginia - Fairfax, Woodbridge, Metro DC region
- Observe patients before and during therapy, noting their status and reporting to a physical therapist.
- Help patients do specific exercises.
- Use a variety of techniques, such as massage and stretching, to treat patients.
- Use devices and equipment, such as walkers, to help patients.
- Educate a patient and family members about what to do after treatment.
- Clean treatment areas and set up therapy equipment.
- Help patients move to or from a therapy area.
- Do clerical tasks, such as answering phones or helping patients with insurance paperwork.
- Under the direction and supervision of physical therapists, they give therapy through exercise; therapeutic methods, such as electrical stimulation, mechanical traction, and ultrasound; massage; and gait and balance training.
- Record patients’ responses to treatment and report the results of each treatment to the physical therapist.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree or has met the equivalency requirements, which include studies in anatomy and physiology./li>
- 1-2 years of experience working with in pediatrics is preferred but open to train new graduates. Must be able to work with some degree of independence within established policies, procedures, and professional guidelines
- National Physical Therapist Assistant Exam and/or Virginia Physical Therapy Assistant Exam
- Compensation depends on experience and will be discussed during the interview process.
Click Below To Apply