Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - Long Island
|Posted:||May 1, 2017|
|Location:||Long Island, New York
(Nassau & Suffolk County)
We are seeking a dedicated Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our Long Island team. As a COTA in Long Island, you can work in your county of choice as we have positions available in both Suffolk and Nassau counties. Come join our team!
Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy and Autism Services believes that early intervention and preschool/school-aged services make a difference. Achieve Beyond provides pediatric therapy services to children and students ages 0-21, aiding each child to reach their full potential through education, therapy, and family support services in over 30 different languages. Achieve Beyond provides services throughout New York including all the 5 boroughs of New York City, Long Island, and the Hudson Valley Region. We also provide services throughout the United States in many other locations such as CA, VA, NJ, and TX. We offer initial screenings, parent or school consultations and comprehensive evaluations. Our professional and licensed staff is committed to serving special needs children with physical and developmental disabilities/delays. Services are provided in home, clinic, or community environments.
We are always seeking dedicated clinicians to join our growing team! Our jobs are rewarding and we truly believe that each clinician makes a difference. Please view our current job opportunities and apply here!
Positions available throughout the Long Island, New York.
*Looking for candidates to provide home-based services in the eastern Long Island region.
- Under the direction of a Licensed Occupational Therapist, the individual in this position is responsible for screening, identification, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, intervention and follow- up services for children with developmental delays and/or disabilities
- Provides adaptive methods and equipment as appropriate to enhance performance
- Determine appropriateness of patient’s response to treatment and consult with licensed occupational therapist concerning modifications to plan of care
- Identifies patient/family needs for other services and refers accordingly
- Maintain an accurate record of services provided and submit evaluations and progress reports in a timely manner
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy assistant program and hold a current license to practice as an occupational therapy assistant in the State of New York
Must be comfortable providing services in both home and community based settings
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: New grads Welcome! 1-2 years of experience working with children birth – 5 a plus.
Compensation depends on experience and will be discussed during the interview process.
“Achieve Beyond makes the best efforts to solicit active participation by Certified Minority or Women owned Business Enterprises (Certified M/WBEs) for the purpose of granting subcontracts. We are always interested in receiving resumes from Certified M/WBEs.”
Click Below To Apply
- Back to the main careers page